Our BEAT Breakers program is a B-boy/B-girl program that teaches the roots of breakdancing. This program is particularly effective for younger students, from K-12.
Students learn the fundamentals of the toprock, downrock, power moves, and freezes that have made breakin’ and street dance iconic around the world. Each energetic, interactive workshop teaches the importance of body movement, awareness, and emotional wellbeing, while helping young people understand how to lead a healthier lifestyle. Students will also learn the history and significance of Hip Hop and feel empowered to express themselves through their own bodies.
You can register your child today for our 12-week BEAT Breakers after school program via Outschool.
The success of BEAT Breakers is through its accessibility and sustainability. Our program is:
- Culturally responsive
- Inclusive of Common Core State Standards (CCSS), National Core Arts Standards and NYC Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts Benchmarks
Assessment is based on:
- Quantitative and qualitative assessments of student attitudes, behavior, and writing samples before and after they attend our programs.
- Participation rates of the students, feedback from the teachers and administrators, and through video/written testimonials from the students, site directors, principals, and educators.
- Improved physical and mental health
- Enhanced understanding of their body language
- Increased self-confidence and engagement in group activities
- Boost in self-esteem
- Better attendance
- Greater problem solving, teamwork, empathy and critical thinking skills
These workshops are responsive to themes and topics that reflect students’ personal experiences and environments. Students not only learn the fundamentals of Hip Hop dance, but also how to make healthy choices so they continue to thrive.
- Summer and afterschool programs
- Workshops (one time, series or residencies)
- Special workshops abroad
Please contact our Program Director, Brittany Wilson, with inquiries.